Stonington Harbor Yacht Club
What Information does the Provider Collect?
Visitors to this Site may have the option of purchasing products or becoming a subscriber to services offered by the Provider by completing and submitting an online order or registration form. To complete an order or registration form, Visitor or an authorized representative of the Visitor may be required to select a user name and password, and to provide certain personally identifiable information, including without limitation the Visitor's full legal name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and other relevant information (all such information, "User Information"). Visitor shall be responsible for ensuring User Information is kept accurate at all times.
How does the Provider Use Information Collected?
Provider does not share User Information with other companies, except for its affiliates and businesses that have been engaged by the Provider in connection with the performance of services, including without limitation, lessons, credit card payment processing, collections, returns management, manufacturing, storage, shipping, delivery, and fulfillment. Provider may use User Information to answer a customer service or billing question or other inquiry from Visitor. User Information may also be used for the Provider's own internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help diagnose problems with Provider's servers or for system administration.
Provider may disclose User Information in any of the following circumstances: (1) in response to a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other legal process, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law or regulation; (2) to protect and defend Provider's rights or property or those of its affiliates or others; or (3) as Provider, in its sole discretion, believe is appropriate under exigent circumstances in response to a perceived significant threat to the personal safety or property of any other person or organization.
In addition, since Provider's database is a business asset, in the event Provider is reorganized or is sold to or merged with another company, Visitor consents to the sale, assignment, or transfer of its User Information to a purchaser of all or substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as appropriate.
Except as described above, Provider will not disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide User Information to any other person or organization without Visitor's consent.
How does the Provider Protect the Security of the User Information?
Provider takes what it believes to be reasonable precautions and have implemented managerial and technical procedures to try to protect the security of User Information. Provider strives to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and currency of User Information provided by Visitors and to protect their privacy and security. Although Provider cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, Provider tries to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
What's Provider's Relationship with other Websites that can be Accessed through the Site?
Transborder Hosting and Transfer of Information
User Information collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to Provider offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you hereby consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information as Provider may deem reasonably necessary.
Children's On-line Privacy Protection
Copyright © 2006 Stonington Harbor Yacht Club.
Use of Materials on the Site
Provider maintains this Site for Visitor's personal use and information. Visitor should feel free to browse the Site. Provider is the exclusive owner of all proprietary rights associated with this Site, and Visitor should assume that all aspects of it are subject to Provider's copyrights, trademark rights and all other proprietary rights. Without Provider's prior written authorization, Visitor may not reproduce, distribute, modify, display, prepare derivative works based on, otherwise adapt, or re-post or otherwise use the content of this Site. Visitor's use of this Site does not in any respect whatsoever constitute a grant to Visitor of any license or other right to use or exploit any of these proprietary rights.
Links to Other Websites
Provider may from time to time establish links from this Site to other websites. Provider does not review all of the websites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the contents of any other websites. Any link established by Provider does not in any respect whatsoever constitute an endorsement of the other websites or create a relationship between Provider and the operators of other websites. Provider disclaims any liability with respect to visit or use of any other website. Provider makes no representations or warranties with respect to the security of any links.
Provider shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of Visitor's access to, or use of, this Site, or arising out of any other matter, act, or thing associated with this Site or Provider's conduct of its business.
Prohibited Activities and Visitor Obligations
Visitor shall not:
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international statute, regulation, or law;
- upload, post, use, or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or content that could otherwise be considered to be objectionable;
- impersonate or use the identity of another person or organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Visitor's affiliation with a person or organization;
- engage in any activities or manipulate identifying material to misrepresent the origin of content;
- upload, post, use, or otherwise make available any content that is subject to any disclosure restrictions;
- upload, post, use, or otherwise make available any materials, items, information or content that infringes or otherwise violates any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary rights;
- upload, post, use or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, use or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other corrupt computer code, files or programs that impair the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or otherwise limit the use of this Site by other users; or collect, compile, or store personal information about other users of this Site;
- collect or store personal data about other users; or
- use this Site for commercial purposes.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Provider's total liability in connection with Visitor's use of this Site exceed Ten Dollars ($10.00).
Provider may terminate Visitor's access or use of the Site at any time, with or without cause.
© Stonington Harbor Yacht Club 2006. All Rights Reserved.