2017 Cruise Schedule!
(Details to follow for mooring/dock space at each destination and for planned social events)?
- October 21, Single Malt Scotch Tasting
We had a fantastic summer of cruising with all of the past events below- start thinking about marking your calendars for next years fun!
- May 20, SHYC Commissioning and Parade
To Sign up in the parade, click HERE
- May 26-29, Memorial Day Weekend Shelter Island YC :
- Dinner at Yacht Club on Sunday May 28th
To Sign Up, Please click HERE
- June 3, Montauks to Montauk Mandatory Skippers Meeting:
- Led by Tom Moran. Tom will go over navigation, check lists for what is needed as well as safety procedures for the following weekend’s small boat cruise. Register Here
- June 10, Montauks to Montauk:
- Join fellow SHYC friends in a 15 mile group transit of Block Island Sound to Montauk for lunch, and then return back home! Please be sure that you attend the Skippers Meeting and that your boat is seaworthy for this excursion! Register Here
- June 10-11, Full Moon Fleet Overnight sail:
- Circumnavigation of Block Island with a return through Watch Hill passage in the dark hours.
- Intent is to match experienced night sailors with those that want to learn and experience one of the great pleasures of passage making.
- Breakfast debrief at Club Brunch on Sunday. Register HERE
- June 17, All Vessel Raft Up in East Harbor
- June 17th meet at SHYC Docks at 12:00pm
- We’ll motor over to Fisher’s Island, East Harbor, Anchor, Raft Up, Swim, Relax and share some fun with SHYC friends! Big boats are asked to to provide toilet facilities and fenders.
- Short Cruise to Fisher’s Island, East Harbor, drop anchor at 1:00pm for DIY lunch, swimming, mixing and mingling.
- Celebrate the beginning of Summer and Dad's Special weekend out on the water! Register HERE
- June 24-25, Coecles Harbor and Taylor Island Cabin:
- Join fellow SHYC members at Taylor Island Cabin for lobsters at 4:30pm, if you are not a lobster lover, feel free to bring whatever you would like to grill. The billed portion of the cost of this event is TBD, price includes one lobster per person. Reservations are needed by June 20th, this is a rain or shine event.To Register Click HERE
- July 1-5, Narragansett Cruise:
- Saturday the fleet will head to Dutch Harbor for moorings or Connanicut Marina for slips, participants will need to make accommodations by calling Dutch Harbor at 401-423-0630 or Connanicut Marina at 401-423-1556. Tables will be reserved at Jamestown Fish for the evening at 6:45pm, members will pay individually for dinner. Reservations must be made by June 27th.
- Sunday is a skippers' choice. You can anchor in Potter's Cove on Prudence Island or get a slip or mooring in Bristol at the Herreschoff Museum, those choosing to make slip arrangements will need to call 401-253-5000 to make arrangements.
- Monday and Tuesday the fleet ends the cruise in Newport. There are a limited number of slips reserved at Ida Lewis Yacht Club, participants must register by June 27th to reserve their space. Participants will have their SHYC accounts charged for $65.00 per night. Monday evening there is a 6pm reservation at Clarke's Cooke House for drinks and 7pm for dinner, members will be responsible for their meal cost and need to register by June 27th.
- Tuesday, the City of Newport will set off its traditional fireworks display, the show will begin after dark, approximatley 9:15pm, the best viewing is anywhere along Newport Harbor, facing west. The rain date for the fireworks is July 5th. The cruise is a rain or shine event.
- For more information contact Scott Kraft
- Register Here See Who Else has Registered Here
August 5-19, Massachusetts Bay Cruise:
- Saturday, August 5th - Skippers’ Choice - Cuttyhunk or New Bedford / Fairhaven
- Cuttyhunk moorings are first come, first served. Cuttyhunk slips can be reserved by calling the harbormaster at 508-990-7578 or WWW.DOCKWA.COM. The New Bedford / Fairhaven Harbor will be offering the Portuguese Festival. Slips are available at Pope’s Island Marina 508-984-4979 or WWW.DOCKWA.COM
- Sunday, August 6th - Red Brook Harbor/ Kingman’s Yacht Center
- Skippers please make your own slip and mooring reservations by calling 508-563-7136 or reserving at www.kingmanyachtcenter.com or through your Dockwa account.
- Monday, August 7th through Wednesday, August 9th – Provincetown.
- Skippers please contact Provincetown Marina 508-487-0571 or www.ptownmarina.com for slips and moorings with launch service.
- Thursday, August 12th to Saturday, August 13th – Boston / Constitution Marina
- Please reserve your slip by calling 617-241-9640 or www.constitutionmarina.com or with your Dockwa account.
- Sunday, August 13th Plymouth / Plymouth Yacht Club
- For Plymouth moorings, please contact Becky Darch at 508-746-7207 and mention SHYC. For slips, please call Brewer’s Plymouth Marina 508-746-4500 or reserve via your Dockwa account.
- Monday, August 14 and Tuesday, August 15th – Hadley Harbor
- Two days to anchor out and enjoy the east coast’s premier gunk hole. A few moorings may be available but don’t count on it. If you need a mooring or services, Quissett Harbor is an alternative at 508-540-0506 or www.quissettharborboatyard.com
- Wednesday, August 16 and Friday, August 18th – Skipper’s Choice
- Menemsha for moorings and tranquility or Edgartown for those seeking action. For those going to Menemsha, we have three inside moorings reserved. And we can accommodate another three boats to be rafted to each other. In addition, there are four outside moorings in the Bight that are first come, first served (no rafting on the ourside moorings). We can also get a few stern-to slips. Please contact Harbor Captain John Maturo for your preference. For Edgartown moorings, please use your Dockwa account.
- Two days to return to Stonington. REGISTER FOR THIS CRUISE HERE! SEE WHO ELSE HAS REGISTERED HERE!
Please Contact the Cruise Committee Co-Chairs with any Questions:
John Stone: email@example.com
Bruce Giacoma: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Maturo: email@example.com